Being certified as a Green Deal Advisor or Installer will allow your business to be part of “the biggest home improvement plan since the since the second world war”. The Green deal covers a large range of measures covering a variety of industries.
- Only businesses that have been authorised to operate under the Green Deal will have access to this huge, new market, where they can be sure of payment at the end.
- There is the opportunity to broaden the businesses skills base to be able to install multiple measures.
- Businesses offering a variety of services providing whole house retrofit installations have a greater opportunity to expand.
- Installation of energy efficiency measures will also require the replacement or transfer of pipework, electrics, radiators, etc meaning an opportunity for plumbers, electricians, joiners, scaffolders and any other trades to benefit from Green Deal projects. These trades could diversify and gain certification to offer green deal measures or even a total retrofit solution.
- Organisations will have the ability to perform Energy Performance Certificates both under the Green Deal and other industries, expanding the scope of services the business can offer.
- All Green Deal Advisers will be listed on a central register so customers will be able to check that they have signed up to the Green Deal Code of Practice and are legitimately using the Green Deal quality mark.
- There are opportunities to link up to Green Deal installers to offer a complete package to Green Deal providers.